Football season is coming!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

They did what?

I was cruising around on radiotime.com, looking at Christian radio programs. I saw all the normal stuff, Turning Point, Grace to You, Back to the Bible. But in the midst of that, I saw "The Jesus Christ Show." Not a bad name, but...about the description:

"Tune in every Sunday morning for The Way, The Truth and The Light.He's a very, very busy guy, but we've managed to get him into the KFI studios to answer your questions once a week. Christians and heathens alike are invited to listen and learn."

I don't know where to begin. I guess I'd almost have to listen to it once to see whether this is a tongue-in-cheek (but yet still very dangerous from a blasphemy standpoint) description. I don't plan to listen, but I thought I'd share that.

Why do I not like this...is blasphemy too strong of a word? Comment away!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with RadioTime where we copy the description used by the producer, we'll delete the second part.

Mike said...

Hi, Bill...

First of all, I love your site. I should've mentioned that first before I started on that particular program. It's fun to look up radio stations from other markets and listen to them from time to time. I've already pointed a couple of people there.

Secondly, my intent wasn't to edit anything...I was looking for debate among a few of my friends about why my thoughts were what they were. That's a debate that I have a feeling will continue in real life conversations over the next few days.

Thank you for the response...I appreciate it!

Doug Smith said...

Mike,

This program concept greatly disturbs me. I have a hard enough time being convinced that someone should portray Jesus in a cinematic or dramatic production, much less pretend to be Him in a radio program. It is sad to see how people will stoop to such a level to market their programs and products. Jesus has come, lived, died, resurrected, and ascended on high. God will forgive everyone who puts their faith in His Son Jesus as the Savior and Lord who was sacrificed for sinners. He has left us the Bible. Any answers/counsel we follow for right living and pleasing God must be firmly based on it. He does not entertain through a "show" - He is the real thing. I wonder if sacrilege is a strong enough word for this sort of program?